Chomp-a views the protection of your privacy as an integral part of its commitment towards complete accountability and integrity in all its activities and programs.
Chomp-a operates this website under the domain name chompa-delivery.com. The purpose of this Website Privacy Statement is to explain how your personal information (being information capable of identifying you as an individual) will be treated as you access and interact with this website.
You can access the home page and browse the website anonymously, without disclosing your personal information.
Collecting personal information
Chomp-a will only collect personal information supplied by you to this web site when it is necessary to do so. The information will be collected and used for purposes including but not limited to the following:
• to respond to any general enquiries you have contacted us about
• to provide you with newsletters/updates where you have subscribed to them
• to promote your business or event on the Chomp-a website.
• photographs submitted with your business or event listing may also be used for promotional purposes by Chomp-a. This may include the homepage, newsletter, blog and social media. Please refer to our photos and privacy guidelines.
A Cookie is a block of data that is shared between a web server and a user’s browser. Cookies give the server information about a user’s identify (or, at least, the computer’s ID, or the client’s ID), even if he or she is not the person actually using the computer at the time.
Cookies are used on this site, but they do not collect any personal information. For the most part they are sessional and just contain system-generated values to identify the user’s session.
This website uses two persistent cookies:
1. to store the user’s preference for viewing the web site in the regular or larger font size;
2. to store the user’s “itinerary”, a list of businesses and events they wish to attend.
Neither cookie will store personal or identifying information the user.
In addition to web server logs, our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the efficiency and usability of our website.
Google Analytics Advertising Features used include:
• Ad Words
• Remarketing with Google Analytics
• Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for site operators and providing other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate user IP addresses with any other data held by Google.
You can opt out of the collection of information via Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add on.
Web beacons (also known as web bugs) are images, often embedded in code, that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. The image is placed on many or all pages and is generally invisible to visitors, who are not able to view the underpinning code.
Chomp-a does not use web beacons.
Clickstream data refers to visitor logs and statistics that provide useful information about users’ online experience without identifying individuals. We collect the following clickstream data for statistical and system administration purposes:
• the time/date the page was accessed
• the user’s external IP address
• the user name (but as the web site is configured for anonymous access, this is always blank)
• the user’s browser and version
• the user’s operating system, the address of each page on our site the user visits
• the address of the last page the user visited.
To the extent that any clickstream data could make you identifiable, we will not attempt to identify you from the clickstream data unless required by law or to investigate improper activity in relation to this website.
Disclosure of personal information
Chomp-a will take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal information.
Chomp-a will not disclose your personal information to other agencies and authorities unless required or authorized by law. We will not sell your details to another company.
Links to External Websites
This Website Privacy Statement does not extend beyond this website. Where you choose to follow links which take you from our website to other websites, we recommend you read that website’s privacy statement.
For more information, please contact us.